MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED]"container" has no margin on right on lower resolutions??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I'm relatively n00b and my forums is installed on a wamp server on my pc till I'm done with the theme so the URI is "localhost", sorry.

As you can see in the attached image, on lower resolutions such as 640x480, 800x600, and even 1024x768, the "container" has no margin on the right hand side. I don't know if I should change it from "auto auto" to anything and if that will even make a difference. Please, how do I fix this??!!
anyone??
i would try it to see if it does a different but make sure you copy and paste your old on in a notepad so that you can go back to it if it dont work out
thanks, but i rather semi did-away with the container in a manner of speaking.
try
#container {
background: #color;
margin: auto auto;
position: relative;
left: -(find suitable percentage %);
//just add position and left. dont copy whole code\\
Relative positioning might work, but not if I use "left" in this case since the margin on the "container" or padding on the "body" on the right hand side disappears when I zoom or go to a lower resolution. another reason why doing this is not possible is that with the way myBB's html is laid out, relative positioning to the container will move the whole board in that direction, not just the container. I would need to use relative positioning on the right, but then if I go to a lower resolution or zoom in on the browser it won't center the container. It will stay the distance I specify away from the right hand size ie: 48px or 1.2% or whatever, and the image I use for the logo will shoot over the right-hand border of the container.
i added the "container" id to the <body> tag and removed the container, so no more hassle here Smile
how do i get this thing solved again??