MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Checking if username is available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys,

I have an issue in my registration page...
When I write a username and a captcha, will show this:
"Checking if username is available"
And don't stop...

[Image: 1qUBt.png]

I disabled all my plugins and the problem continues...
What could be?

My website: www.vozesnaweb.com

Thank you!
Your MyBB files might be corrupted or your server might be taking too long.

But it looks like your "Email Checking" is working correctly!!

Try to reinstall and check if the problem still exists.
Re-install what? All forum? I cant...
Isn't there any other solution!?
DO NOT REINSTALL. I don't know what svr2009wwe is meaning by that. It wouldn't solve anything.

There is probably a javascript conflict. I'm no expert on those, however, so I'll wait for someone more knowledgeable to come in.
Try to re-install your "member.php"(it's in root directory), You don't have to re-install your whole forum.
And also re-install your jscripts folder.

If it does not work then try to repair your Database table from Admin CP.

(2012-01-06, 12:33 AM)svr2009wwe Wrote: [ -> ]Try to re-install your "member.php"(it's in root directory), You don't have to re-install your whole forum.

What you're saying makes no sense and won't work. It's a javascript error, and unless he manually edited a MyBB javascript file, it's a javascript conflict, like I said.

(2012-01-06, 12:35 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-06, 12:33 AM)svr2009wwe Wrote: [ -> ]Try to re-install your "member.php"(it's in root directory), You don't have to re-install your whole forum.

What you're saying makes no sense and won't work. It's a javascript error, and unless he manually edited a MyBB javascript file, it's a javascript conflict, like I said.

It might work if he reinstall his jscripts folder.

I reinstalled my jscripts folder, but I continue with same problem...
Also did the same with member.php
Please, anyone?
Its most probably conflicting with any javascripts present on your page. Its probably the Chatbar you've installed.

Try disabling AJAX: ACP > Configurations > Server & Optimization Options > Enable XMLHttp request features? > No
Thank you for your reply Yaldaram.
What that change will do? Only disable the "Checking if username is available" feature?
Or something else?
Pages: 1 2