MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email check during registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

i was wondering if mybb to check the email at registration because,i saw pending account requests for activation in my admin cp for the emails which dont even exists.

is there a way during the registration process where the Board can check if the email accounts exists or no and proceed further accordingly.

eg.

if i register with email id: [email protected] i am able to see request for the account to be activated in my admin cp,whereas technically [email protected] doesnt even exists,

is there any way to stop this from happening..
I guess you can try this function. I am still not sure that might works. I wonder you would you want to do that?? OK, none of my business, here try this while checking for email.

$email = [email protected];
list($username,$domain)=explode('@',$email);
if(!checkdnsrr($domain,"MX"))   return false;
else return true;

But I've no idea if it can check if email is activated or not.
Hmmm I'll have to try it out. Sadly, Xrumer and others have gotten through captchas and into GMail and Yahoo. And their MX entries will exist. But it does take out the true bogus emails!
(2012-01-06, 03:31 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm I'll have to try it out. Sadly, Xrumer and others have gotten through captchas and into GMail and Yahoo. And their MX entries will exist. But it does take out the true bogus emails!

Yeah! But I have no idea why "vikesh" wants to check if email is activated or not?? I believe that companies like hotmail does not want others to know if one's email is activated or not.
(2012-01-06, 03:46 PM)svr2009wwe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-06, 03:31 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm I'll have to try it out. Sadly, Xrumer and others have gotten through captchas and into GMail and Yahoo. And their MX entries will exist. But it does take out the true bogus emails!

Yeah! But I have no idea why "vikesh" wants to check if email is activated or not?? I believe that companies like hotmail does not want others to know if one's email is activated or not.

Personally, I don't think people should be afraid to moderate.