MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql6.000webhost.com' (111)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why ? 2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql6.000webhost.com' (111)
Sounds like a host issue.
Sounds like you should stop using 000webhost.com

It sucks anyway.
what hosting free?
Free hosting is pretty unreliable.
If you are serious about creating a successful website, find a paid web host like SpeedySparrow (I use them!). 48 bucks a year includes a domain, as well as excellent support and hosting.
(2012-01-07, 06:12 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]Free hosting is pretty unreliable.
If you are serious about creating a successful website, find a paid web host like SpeedySparrow (I use them!). 48 bucks a year includes a domain, as well as excellent support and hosting.

http://order.1and1.com/Hosting;jsessioni...ab.hosting

1and1's Unlimited is a bit cheaper. Includes a domain as well.
While 1and1's support is well, terrible, I wouldn't think any host this cheap would be stellar.

There's a 1GB size database limit as well, but if your site for reaches in the few hundred MB area with a fair amount of traffic, you should consider upgrading hosts anyway.

It's a decent place to start.
heard so many bad thins about 1and1 yet i have been with them for over 5 years and never had a real issue with them , there service or support/ guess i am just lucky lol
It really depends on your issue.
I've had struggles with getting direct answers from their tech support.

They had a bug for like two months (at least that I've known of) where it caused problems with the domains.

The 2 prime issues I experienced;
- Newly registered domain took nearly 3 weeks to work after initially "buying".
- All domains bought during this period, had no "privacy" function. Upon purchasing, it gave no option to hide your info, then after the domain is "ready", the option to change it is completely faded out.

I spent 3 aggravating weeks disputing this with 1and1, and they constantly gave me runarounds. In addition to the long phone waits.

They're not bad, when you don't need their help.