MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New members into different groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have problem with 1.1.7 i just recently switched from vb to mybb and now i noticed one bug, which is: when people register it puts them into different groups like mods, guests, members, supermods... and i just wanted to let you know, ill be watching for your reply on how to fix this or just pm me..
Are you trying to put the members into a specific group and it is giving out the wrong group, or is this just normal registration that members are getting shuffled around into groups?
normal registration and members are getting shuffled arround in different groups
Do you have a link to your forum?
www.dx-h.com its freehosting site, and its not good to have ppl who u dont trust in super moderators or ...
When you converted from vB to MyBB, you kept the existing vBulletin usergroups, which have a different usergroup ID from the default MyBB usergroups:

Default usergroup IDs of vBulletin and MyBB:
Visitor: [VB: 1] [MyBB: 1]
Awaiting Activation: [VB: 3] [MyBB: 5]
COPPA: [VB: 4] [MyBB: nonexistent]
Super Moderator: [VB: 5] [MyBB: 3]
Administrator: [VB: 6] [MyBB: 4]
Moderator: [VB: 7] [MyBB: 6]
Banned: [VB: 8] [MyBB: 7]

You can "patch" this by opening member.php, finding:
	if($mybb->settings['regtype'] == "verify" || $mybb->settings['regtype'] == "admin")
	{
		$usergroup = 5;
	}
and replacing it with:
	if($mybb->settings['regtype'] == "verify" || $mybb->settings['regtype'] == "admin")
	{
		$usergroup = 3;
	}
And also finding:
		if($user['usergroup'] == 5 && $activation['type'] != "e")
And replacing it with:
		if($user['usergroup'] == 3 && $activation['type'] != "e")

This will place the user in the Awaiting Activation group when they register.
I get errors when i do that(like syntax ones and others), is there anything else...
Can you post the errors you get?
Soldier I will do it then, I know alot more about PHP than you do, prolly just something simple. Btw, I am the owner of Deus X, Soldier is my assistant admin and I didnt exactly have time to try and fix it.

[EDIT]
I just got an idea, I could changed the ID's of the usergroups manually in phpMyAdmin, wouldnt that work also.
Okay, I fixed it simply by manually re-assigning usergroup IDs in phpMyAdmin and rebuilding the usergroup cache in the Admin CP. I did it this way because its alot more easier in the future where I will need to modify its manually after each security update.
Pages: 1 2