MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 error when posting more than 3 links.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Could you post the contents of your error log file (if one exists) please? I've seen this happen before a few times, though never on my own forum setups.
@euantor, this is the only thing in the error_log (though it's in there an awful lot)

[10-Jan-2012 12:35:24] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function run_hooks() on a non-object in /home/***********/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 238
That's caused by plugins being disabled I believe. Don't quote me on that though Wink
I';m posting and getting the 503, yet nothing new it showing up in the error log Confused
No problems.
I'll do this shortly.
(2012-01-19, 12:47 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]I';m posting and getting the 503, yet nothing new it showing up in the error log Confused

I too just tried a post. Which error log are you looking at exactly? The MyBB error.log (in the MyBB root) or the actual server error log? If you empty the contents of each, does anything new show up?

Could you quickly try chmodding newreply.php to 777 or something (change it back obviously) just in case - the 403 status code is an unauthorized status code after all.
Server error_log.
Just thought I'd check - didn;t mean to sound rude or anything Wink

I really have no idea what could be causing this, though it sounds like a server configuration problem (as Matt stated in the thread linked to in the OP) rather than a MyBB specific problem. What host are you with OP?

Also, I just tried this out on a few of my MyBB installs (just for fun) and never encountered the error - definitely seems like a server config issue.
(2012-01-19, 01:00 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Just thought I'd check - didn;t mean to sound rude or anything Wink

It's fine, I didn't mean to sound as if I was offended Toungue

(2012-01-19, 01:00 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I really have no idea what could be causing this, though it sounds like a server configuration problem (as Matt stated in the thread linked to in the OP) rather than a MyBB specific problem. What host are you with OP?

Also, I just tried this out on a few of my MyBB installs (just for fun) and never encountered the error - definitely seems like a server config issue.

I would guess a host issue as well. I PM'ed OP for permission to do some aggressive debug (placing die; all around newthread to find the line causing the error) but have gotten no response yet
I doubt placing die() around the place would do much - it's fairly clear the issue lies with the parser somehow Wink

Also, just seen your signature. One word: lol
Pages: 1 2 3