MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GamerVoid - Another Gaming Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GamerVoid
Another board among the forests of gaming forums.

History:
The concept of GamerVoid first popped up in 2010 when I was messing around with forum software, wondering what it was like to be an admin/moderator. I started with phpBB, but then moved to MyBB about a year ago for its feature set and plugins system.

Explanation:
You might notice that everyone registered on the same date, and it might look like fake users to you - but they aren't. I don't sink to the level of fake user-needing admin. I merely found the weirdest and most complicated way to transfer users and posts over to my real DOMAIN (was using MAMP + DynDNS before)... Yes Dylan, I know I should've used the merge system Smile...

About:
It might surprise you - but I am only a gamer-in-training (got my XBOX, going to get a few good games soon! I know, I need a PS3...). I started GamerVoid out of liking forum software. I later continued because of my passion for web development and management.

Target:
To provide an open place for gamers to discuss their hobby - gaming! I generally moderate fairly loosely.

URL: http://mbbc.gamervoid.com/forum
[salesmanVoice] If you are a gamer, register now! [/salesmanVoice]

Please leave any feedback you have.

If you have any questions, just ask! In fact, I am usually pretty quick to apply a suggestion Wink
Bump. Remember, comments are definitely open. I plan to attempt a custom theme on my own this weekend.
For the new points in the header maybe you could display the amount of points the user has? There's a code somewhere on the NP site.

Anyhow good site. I might join up sometime.
Thanks for your suggestion - I will check that out because that is sure something that I will do if I find it!
EDIT: Woohoo! I found it!
EDIT2: Change applied. The only part I don't like is how it says 0 for a guest. Oh well - tiny tiny detail!

Glad to hear you are considering joining up soon. As said in the first post, the current theme is planned as a temporary thing (so I hope people don't get horribly turned away by it. I am not a cheapskate, and I will gladly spend when the time is right).

I have stockpiled some money and am probably going to get an Audentio theme customized fairly soon (likely in the next few weeks).

I was going to attempt a custom theme of my own this weekend - but it isn't going too well. My graphics abilities aren't necessarily great Big Grin. I guess I'd better leave it to the professionals!
Wooohooo! Total redesign. Added a premium theme from Audentio. Added some more games to the arcade, added a couple of extra forums.

Starting up gaming news soon, and reviews will happen eventually.

Check out the redesign now at http://mbbc.gamervoid.com/forum (which will take you to the root - I use the subdomain so that I can track clicks on this link and get stats through AWStats and Webalizer!)

Register now at http://gamervoid.com/register . Is free, always will be.