MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS feed update veeeeryy slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

not sure if this is the right section... anyway, here it goes: I have noticed that the RSS feed generated by forum (www.autosvezzamento.it) is very slow indeed as it seems to update every day or so and not all the posts appear in the feed. I do check the forum regularly, so it isn't a matter of not having visited this thread or that thread.
Any clues as to where I can look to speed things up? I am in the process of opening a blog and I want to include a link to the latest discussions in the forum, but if the "latest" news is yesterday's news... well, that makes it publishing it is a bit pointless, doesn't it.

In case it helps, I am using:
MyBB Version 1.6.3
PHP Version 5.2.17
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.0.92

TIA.
Hi again,

I have had another look (here and elsewhere) around to see if someone had the same problem, and it looks that no... I am one of the few (who at least reported it...), so I MUST be doing something daft. I hope someone can give me some insights...

Thanks.
Another update...
had a closer look at what is being published on the feed and it seems I am getting ONLY the new threads and not the replies to the old threads. Is that normal/right? If so it is a bit useless, isn't it? I would like a feed that tells me that there is a new message in the forum, disregarding whether it is a new thread or not.
Am I using it wrong?
No insights?
Did you find out anything more? I am having the same problem with slowness, but I found out how to get RSS of new threads AND replies.
Thanks a lot for that. I never saw it when I was searching for a solutionSmile I must give it a go.

The problem I had with slowness seemingly was caused by something withing my blog.. never really understood it, but it cured itself in a couple of days... There you go, sorry for not being able to help you furtherSmile
I guess that's encouraging. That your feed "cured itself," I mean. We have someone trying to follow our forum RSS in her Google Reader, but it only seems to update daily, if that often. I'm not even sure that it's getting all the posts. Maybe it will be spontaneously healed, like yours was.