MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Board Messages wont work for me, i activated it and all but I cant see the spot where im suppose to change my admin privligas and yes i know where there located. Can anyone help? thanks.
See http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/1.6.5#Plu...em_Changes.

function board_messages_admin_config_menu($sub_menu)
{
	global $lang;
	$lang->load('board_messages');

$sub_menu[] = array('id' => 'board_messages', 'title' => $lang->board_messages, 'link' => 'index.php?module=config/board_messages');

return $sub_menu;
}

function board_messages_admin_config_action_handler($actions)
{
	$actions['board_messages'] = array('active' => 'board_messages', 'file' => 'board_messages');

return $actions;
}

function board_messages_admin_config_permissions($admin_permissions)
{
	global $lang;
	$admin_permissions['board_messages'] = $lang->can_manage_board_messages;

return $admin_permissions;
}
Im sorry, I dont follow what that al means or what the changes mean. Can you explain?
Replace all lines from function board_messages_admin_config_menu($sub_menu) to function board_messages_admin_config_permissions($admin_permissions) { ... } in the plugin .php file.
Im guessing your talking about the plugin .php file. Please you have to give more detail than this Sad but either way Im going to take a look at it and see.
Yes, that should be what they meant. Even though you only needed to do the & thing and not the return code. But whatever.
(2012-01-10, 12:28 AM)BizBink Wrote: [ -> ]Im guessing your talking about the plugin .php file. Please you have to give more detail than this Sad but either way Im going to take a look at it and see.

Yes. As passing by reference is now deprecated in PHP, plugins using these hooks must be updated to return the variable passed.

@GamerVoid Not for all hooks. Read the wiki.
Attached is the updated plugin, replace the current file in /inc/plugins with it.[attachment=25268]
thanks so much!!!!!!! so far it works and ill just be adding in board msgs to see it works for sure but ill be doing that later on but thanks again imm be getting back to you