MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modifying the New User Registration Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My website forum is up and working great. I have it set to where the users must log in and register then I as administrator can choose who gets approved. My problem is that the people who are attempting to register are filling out the form and under the registration details, they're creating a "Username" because the first field asks for a "Username". Nowhere on the registration form does it call for a place for a "Real Name" and some members have crazy email addresses. When I go to activate their account, I don't know who the member is because they make up a "Nickname" for the Username.

Is there any way to change the word "Username" on the registration page to say "First & Last Name"? Or is there a good alternative? I just need users to be able to enter their real name as opposed to a handle or username during the registration process!

Here's the direct link to the login page:
http://oakhillonline.org/forum/member.php
you can use custom profile fields
{ Edit : changing User Name to first & last name might not help as it is shown as is everywhere on the forums }