MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 Error on every forum and thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys

I have recently moved my myBB forum over to a new server. I took care to back up the directory and database and transfer it all over and it seemed to have worked apart from now all link headers from forums and threads are not found.

I'm guessing it is either to do with an incorrect transfer or my .htaccess file.

I now have a vps (not sure if mod-rewrite is available). I also have the google SEO plugin installed with the error "Your host does not seem to support mbstring. This may cause problems with UTF-8." not sure if that plays a part in this.

My .htaccess content:
RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /forums/

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://illuminatus.lovebyte.co.uk/forums/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /forums/misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum\-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement\-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User\-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

Link to the forum:
http://illuminatus.lovebyte.co.uk/forums/

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan
where have you placed .htaccess file ? is the code given by Google SEO plugin OR have you modified it ..
I have it in the actual folder where the forum is and it's the code pasted from the SEO plugin :/

UPDATE: When I have passive URL's turned on (default bored url's) the forums links work fine. When I have SEO URL's turned on it stops working again. It was fine on the shared hosting account, what's different now that it's on the VPS? Confused lol
move .htaccess to forums root folder (higher level folder) and check ..
I have same error with Google Seo on Localhost (WampServer2.2 on Win7). But on the shared host it is OK and without any 404 error.
I desire to find reason of the problem.
It's probably lack of mod_rewrite... make sure it's installed and enabled, also see if there is a php-mbstring package and if so, install it... (seriously though, CentOS default config appears to be a bad joke...)
Also, make sure that AllowOverwrite is set to on in the Apache config (otherwise .htaccess files won't work).