MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: add a group setting to disallow links in posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
could someone tell me how to add a setting to the user groups so that I can disallow them from posting links in a new thread and posts?

I want to use this to stop users from posting spam links by restricting specific groups until the users within that group have more than a certain number of posts.
have you checked Extra Forum Permissions plugin ..
(2012-01-10, 07:27 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]have you checked Extra Forum Permissions plugin ..

I have not. I was looking for more of a way to do it within the groups, not with a plugin, if possible.
^ well, its not possible without a plugin / core files modification ...
Frankly, I'm a little disappointed and if I may say, a bit surprised that MyBB doesn't come with this option. Confused

I would think this should be a relatively popular option that should be part of the core. If I'm missing something please tell me.
(2012-01-10, 07:27 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]have you checked Extra Forum Permissions plugin ..

not working any more with 1.6.9
I am still looking for a solution in this matter.

Extra forum permissions are not working.
What I want is to show an error if a user post a link on thread/post/quick reply if user if below 'x' amount of posts.