MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to make a plugin to add an option on your profile to change your post colors automatically, without having to add the mycode tags?
Does this make sense to you? lol
If anybody is interested in making one, I will do whatever it takes to get it. Would be an awesome feature to add to any forum, I don't have a lot of money but I can give you a little bit Big Grin
It would definitely make you the most famous plugin developer ever Big Grin
You can do that with custom profile field and few edits in postbit / postbit_classic template.

Create new custom profile field with following info:

Title- Post color

Short Description - Color for your post text

Field type - textbox

Maximum Length - 6 (if you are going to use hex color values)

Save it.

Go to ACP -> Templates and styles -> templates -> <theme template set> -> postbit templates -> postbit (or postbit_classic) and find

Quote: <div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
{$post['message']}
</div>

Replace with :

Quote: <div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="color:#{$post[fidx]}">
{$post['message']}
</div>

If you want predefined list color then select Select box under Field type and define colors under selectable Options.In that case remove # from {$post[fidx]}

{$post[fidx]} - replace x with your custom profile field id
Thanks so much for the helpful guide Smile
I'm sure that saved me some money. Some people like to take advantage of other peoples ignorance. I had three people pm me about this, asking for at least $80