MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Exclue private forums from new posts ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the query I'm using:
<?php

$query = mysql_query("
            SELECT t.*, u.username
            FROM mybb_threads t
            LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid=t.uid)
            WHERE 1=1 AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%'
            ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC
            LIMIT 0, 6" // Change the last digit to how many recent post you want to be shown
        );

$list = '';
    while($fetch = mysql_fetch_array($query))
    {
        $list .= "<strong><a href=\"forums/showthread.php?tid={$fetch['tid']}\">".htmlspecialchars_uni($fetch['subject'])."</a></strong><br />";
        $poster = "<a href=\"forums/member.php?action=profile&uid=".$fetch['uid']."\">{$fetch['username']}</a>";
        $list .= "Created by: {$poster}<br />";
        $list .= "<i>" .$fetch['replies']. " Replies</i>";
        $list .= "<i> , " .$fetch['views']. " Views</i><br />";
        $list .= " (<i>Last post by: " .$fetch['lastposter']. "</i>)<br /><hr width=\"50\"><br />";

}
    //output
    echo $list;

?>
Try this;
<?php

// get forums user cannot view
$unviewable = get_unviewable_forums(true);
if($unviewable)
{
	$unviewwhere = " AND fid NOT IN ($unviewable)";
}

$query = mysql_query("
            SELECT t.*, u.username
            FROM mybb_threads t
            LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid=t.uid)
            WHERE 1=1 $unviewwhere AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%'
            ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC
            LIMIT 0, 6" // Change the last digit to how many recent post you want to be shown
        );

$list = '';
    while($fetch = mysql_fetch_array($query))
    {
        $list .= "<strong><a href=\"forums/showthread.php?tid={$fetch['tid']}\">".htmlspecialchars_uni($fetch['subject'])."</a></strong><br />";
        $poster = "<a href=\"forums/member.php?action=profile&uid=".$fetch['uid']."\">{$fetch['username']}</a>";
        $list .= "Created by: {$poster}<br />";
        $list .= "<i>" .$fetch['replies']. " Replies</i>";
        $list .= "<i> , " .$fetch['views']. " Views</i><br />";
        $list .= " (<i>Last post by: " .$fetch['lastposter']. "</i>)<br /><hr width=\"50\"><br />";

}
    //output
    echo $list;

?>

But make sure that you're including ./inc/functions.php file in your script. Because the get_unviewable_forums() is included in the mentioned flie.
I was under the impression that if a user group didn't have permission to view a forum then they wouldn't see it under view new posts, without any alterations?
(2012-01-10, 05:23 PM)Andre R. Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression that if a user group didn't have permission to view a forum then they wouldn't see it under view new posts, without any alterations?

No, actually he will see the title of thread, (with the query he posted in First Post) but when he go to view thread he then see no permissions error.

The edited query I posted will hide those no permissions thread titles. Smile