MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Message editor messing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I've encountered a problem regarding the message editor. The issue seems to occur only on my custom theme (default MyBB theme seems to work fine) and occurs in Chrome and Firefox (both latest versions), but not in IE9 (I haven't tested other browsers).

Since I want to avoid looking trough the code of my theme for several hours, I've decided to seek for help here. I'm nearly certain that the issue is not in my theme, since none of the edits I've done have anything to do with posting a new thread/reply/PM or editor in general (exception of textarea which is just a few edits of the default CSS code, meaning only colors).

It seems that the two mentioned browsers have the urge to add an additional division (<div>) with some default browser styling (CSS) to the textarea which for some reason takes away the message editor's ability to post the changes to the server (for the post preview and for posting the actual message).

Since I've explained everything in such a complicated matter, I've took two separate images to show the problem.

This is how the message editor looks like in IE9, where the issue doesn't occur:
[Image: ie9.PNG]

This is how the message editor looks like in Chrome (latest version), where issue occurs. It looks exactly the same in Firefox (latest version) as well:
[Image: chrome.PNG]

Nearly forgot; I'm using the latest version of MyBB (1.6.5).
I can confirm that the issue does not occur on MyBB 1.6.4 using the clean installation of the same theme.

Still seeking for ideas on how to trouble-shoot this issue.
Bump. I'd appreciate any kind of idea on how I could try to troubleshoot the issue.
please post a test user account so that someone experienced can check it ..
I will be providing a testing account to anyone who think he/she can help out. However the account will be provided privately via the PM system.
^ if so, its better if we wait for someone from support team to offer the help !! OR you may post temporary admin account in private inquiries
(2012-01-11, 06:26 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ if so, its better if we wait for someone from support team to offer the help !! OR you may post temporary admin account in private inquiries
I rather wait then and if I wanted direct support from the staff members I'd post in private inquiries in the first place, but I prefer general support since more minds can brainstorm together.
I've found the solution. Issue was caused by a program that was shipped along with a fresh version of Firefox, although I have no idea why the program is installed without any notification and why would the program automatically add its Chrome extension without asking about it as well.

The program is called "Complitify" and as it seems it breaks the editor on custom MyBB themes only (at least for me). I'm quite certain that I didn't install it, since Chrome has an auto-complete function by default (don't know about Firefox since I haven't used it in a long time) and the program/extension is therefore useless to Chrome users.

Now I've got another reason why I won't use Firefox ever again Smile

//Solved
^ I could not understand what is "Complitify" (searched on the net !!) ; anyway, glad that you could resolve the issue ..