MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: from 1.6.0 to 1.6.5 Upgrade hangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm upgrading our version from 1.6.0 to 1.6.5. I've followed the upgrade instructions and the upgrade procedure starts off great. But once it gets to the stage where it says "Repairing Database Sequences
Performing necessary upgrade queries...",

it just freezes there. Not the browser or the computer, just the upgrade procedure itself stops. No error messages, no indications that the browser window is still actively working. It just stops there.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

PHP version 5.3.5
SQL Engine MySQL 5.1.32

So no one has a clue as to what may be causing this then or no questions or directions to take to investigate the problem?

Ok, so I'll elaborate a bit more and add that I had tested the upgrade on my local copy of our forum and was successful completing it. The only difference worth mentioning between the 2 instances was the MySQL engine versions. My local MySQL engine version is 5.0.24 and the version on our production server in 5.1.32(64 bit).

Could this be the cause? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
if you have managed the upgrade locally can you not upload your local site and DB then simply adjust your settings to reflect the new database?
(2012-01-18, 01:19 PM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]if you have managed the upgrade locally can you not upload your local site and DB then simply adjust your settings to reflect the new database?

Thanks for replying.
The DBs are separate so info on my local copy is not synced with the server. If I did that I'd end up overwriting and lose info I'd assume. I'm sure I could upload the site files without too many issues but I'm more concerned about why it would hang when interfacing with the database during the upgrade process. I would not want to miss something being done and making the system unstable.

Thanks