MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum hacked (mybb 1.6.5)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-01-11, 11:44 AM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-11, 11:23 AM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using shared host? Then your site might be in trouble. Smile

Depends on your hosting provider.

True. Smile

Also, you should check if you are infected with malware or not, because he might stole your password through keylogger. Do you have any protection in your ACP?

Like, hide it from normal view, in profiles, index etc, change its directory, add another user+pass, if you are using cPanel.
(2012-01-11, 12:01 PM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-11, 11:23 AM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using shared host? Then your site might be in trouble. Smile

True. Smile

Also, you should check if you are infected with malware or not, because he might stole your password through keylogger. Do you have any protection in your ACP?

Like, hide it from normal view, in profiles, index etc, change its directory, add another user+pass, if you are using cPanel.

I'm using a Mac at home to work on the site.

What's ACP?
(2012-01-11, 12:10 PM)Parka Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-11, 12:01 PM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]

True. Smile

I'm using a Mac at home to work on the site.

What's ACP?

You can be infected on Mac as well.

ACP = Admin Control Panel.
I'm installing ClamXav to scan my Mac now.

The cPanel is provided by Bluehost which can be accessed only from the bluehost website.
(2012-01-11, 12:01 PM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]True. Smile

Then don't mislead the OP into thinking that sites on shared hosting normally gets hacked.

Parka, try looking at http://mattrogowski.co.uk/?p=314
(2012-01-11, 12:55 PM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]Parka, try looking at http://mattrogowski.co.uk/?p=314

Thanks. That link is very useful. I've made some changes.

Is it necessary to take extra steps to protect the admin folder?
(2012-01-11, 03:52 PM)Parka Wrote: [ -> ]Is it necessary to take extra steps to protect the admin folder?

If you value your forum, of course. The admin folder is like the command center in a military base. You don't want it to be infiltrated Smile
I'll just remove the admin folder totally in that case, and put it back when I need it again.

Not getting hacked is priority now.
thanks for that link i just implemented some of those points. myself
" I'll just remove the admin folder totally in that case, and put it back when I need it again " <-- that's not necessary !!
just rename with irregular combination of words ... see also Security Tutorial List - if you have not yet seen it ..
Pages: 1 2 3 4