MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Limiting access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have lounges for the Admins, Mods and S-Mods to discuss things on my forum, but even though normal users aren't able to access them, they still appear on the index for all users. Is there a way to limit who sees them?
You can do it by editing the permission of the forum. (Option Manage Forum, button Permission) You must RAZ the column View for certain groups. So this group don't see this forum on the index Board
No no, it's like, for example, with the Admin Lounge, the Admins have "all ticked". All the other groups have no boxes ticked, yet although when they click the link it says they're not allowed to be there, they can still see it in the index. I don't see any column view. =/
Yes, this is due to a problem with parent permission inheritance in RC4 and earlier versions. For now, make your staff forums top level forums (no parents), and in the next version it will be fixed and working properly.
OK, it seems to have a problem with the permissions.
You can use the option Permissions in group Forum Management. You have every forum list with all the group. You can edit the permission for the group with the link [Edit Permissions]. So you can select no for the option Can View Forum in the categorie Permissions: Viewing
Actually, I edited the permissions of the category, but that didn't do anything. I'll try that, Rufus.
I fixed it in my forums just now. Sorry to post in a very old topic. When you go to the Set Permissions page for the selected usergroup, on the page that appears :
The first is Permissions : Viewing
And then the Can View Forums radio buttons.
But even if you change those settings it wont work.
To make it work :
Just above the Permissions : Viewing heading, you'll see :
<selected button>Use Usergroup Default / Inherit From Parents (will delete custom settings)
<unselected button>Use Custom Settings Below

Change that first! Select the Use Custom Settings Below Button. Then change the settings as you like it.
Note that if you have created new usergroups and don't want them to access too, you'll have to edit their settings too.
It worked for me, I don't know whether it will work for you or not. And yes, Staff Forum had a Parent Forum for it.