MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: webhost issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys, I am having usage problem with my current webhost. they are always suspending my account because of "excessive usage". I am on a shared server and at any given time, the number of online accessing the site numbers from 60-110. My site has 750 members now. The webhost wants to upgrade me to a vps service which I think is not yet for me since I think I am not a big forum site.

I am running a chat in my forum but this chat is hosted and I have paid for its service and I was assured by my chat service provider that they are not the cause for the problem (actually we seldom use the chat, no fewer than 2 members use the chat)

other plug ins I use include the SEO plug in and about 5 more plug ins

do you think my forum set up really made "excessive usage"? I am thinking of transfering to another webhost because of this but I want to have a better one. I am currently with InMotion Hosting right now

please kindly suggest a better alternative for me, thanks
Wrong section.

Sounds like your host provider isn't very well equipped?
oh, sorry about this, will find the right section
Who is your host provider by the way? Are you on a restricted plan?
my host provider is InMotion Hosting and I am on a Shared Server under Business Plan

can I transfer this thread to the right section? I'd really like to have inputs
You have 60 people online at once(like active)? I mean you're getting into vps territory. From what I've found most shared hosts limit database connections to about 25-50 at the most (usually closer to 25).

But, what kind of plugins are you running. If you have a shoutbox remove that right away they are resource hogs.
yes 60 and more at once, the highest online I got was 125, and I think this also includes the google bots and other search engines bots

my plug ins are google seo, fitonpage, birthday plug in, mydavertisements, online today, snowstorm

and then there's the chat, which is on another host server

the guys from InMotion told me my site did like thousand requests from browsers? and thats what is making the problem for me, they want me to get vps immediately
You've outgrown shared hosting. Learn to accept it and move on to a VPS. You're probably over the maximum number of concurrent users.
No he's not, I ran more on shared hosting before.

Your current host is just being too stingy, I sent you a PM.
Get a better shared host. I'm sure I can do something for you, PM your current plan and price, maybe I can get you a deal.
Pages: 1 2