MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with uploading Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm very new to website building, i recently made a mybb forum site for a small community of friends to keep in touch.

I downloaded a theme to my hard drive, did research on how to upload them but on my themes tab the Upload tab is missing. How do i make it appear? sorry for the newbishness.. Undecided

Also, im reading that people need to upload themes to the "server", i have no idea what that means, is there some program i need to download to create a server or something?
(2012-01-12, 09:59 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]please see responses here : Theme upload ; youtube has some useful videos for this

The link you posted assumes that the person already has a Import tab on the Templates and Style section, mine is missing thus i can't click it. the youtube videos also show them as already having a Import tab, i'd know how to upload them if i actually had a button i could click that says Import. further help would really be appreciated.
(2012-01-12, 08:30 PM)sugarrayjay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-12, 09:59 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]please see responses here : Theme upload ; youtube has some useful videos for this

The link you posted assumes that the person already has a Import tab on the Templates and Style section, mine is missing thus i can't click it. the youtube videos also show them as already having a Import tab, i'd know how to upload them if i actually had a button i could click that says Import. further help would really be appreciated.

Because the import tab is in every single MyBB board... so why don't you have one?
run file verification tool from tools & maintenance section of admin panel to check for changed , corrupt & missing files ..
I was able to figure out that i was using something called Mybb3, i now use Mybb and it has all the extra tools, i appreciate you guys trying though