MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new permission for open close topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was wondering if it might be possible to add this in to the group permissions that a group can open/close their own topics, I wanted to use this for my vip group but it is not a option at the moment, and as a result am thinking of switching to a software that allows this, i know there is probably a plugin, but it would be better as a core feature that can be set on a per group/per forum basis.
OFF TOPIC : if an excellent / suitable plugin is available for the required purpose, will you still want to switch to other forum script !!
anyway, see extra forum permissions plugin { similar plugins also available at external myBB plugin sites }
Thanks that plugin looks like just what i need but dosen't look like its been updated for a while and the author has not been around since july so it may cause troubles with 1.6.5.
It will still be nice to see this as a core feature.
if it doesn't work then please report back here so that someone more experienced can check & suggest modification

you might be knowing about the plugin system changes in myBB 1.6.5
* Plugin Changes coming in 1.6.5
* Script to Update Plugins for 1.6.5
I know about the plugin changes which is why i mentioned it, although I'm still running 1.6.4 at the moment, because of the plugin changes want to check all plugins i have are compatiable with 1.6.5 before upgrading.
I have one at MyBB Central for paid subscribers.
(2012-01-12, 12:40 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I know about the plugin changes which is why i mentioned it, although I'm still running 1.6.4 at the moment, because of the plugin changes want to check all plugins i have are compatiable with 1.6.5 before upgrading.
There is one nice free plugin available at Yaldaram, why not check it out?

http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=803