MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: edit langauge files - advanced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I totally understand how and where to edit the language files, there are 2 issues though that I'd like to get cleared up please.

1. Locating the proper file where the text to be changed is tedious sometimes. Is there any easier method to finding the right file? with the templates you can search, it would be fantastic to be able to search the language files also!

2. Contained within many entries, in almost every langauge file I have looked at are refereneces..
{x}
<strong>Welcome back, {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}

I can not locate any documentation as to what these are referencing and from where.
The the above quoted phrase, the {1} references the user name and {2} would be the date & time.
In the same language file this one:
<strong>Current time:</strong> {1}
the {1} here references the time.
In other places in the same language file, {1} references an image, a post count as well as numerous other items.

Can someone help clear this up so I can make use of this tool?

I wanted to alter the reply notice subject line from
New Reply to {1}[/code]
adding the forum name to the end
New Reply to {1} at MyForum
I can't help you with question 2 but for question 1 why don't you just search the language files of your local copy of mybb?
You could use Notepad++ for example and open the "Search in files" dialog, point it to the folder with all the mybb language files and search the whole directory for a search term. Then you know exactly which file you have to open in the admin panel to make your changes.
well that would work now wouldn't it?? I guess I never noticed those files there and since the templates were all sored in the DB I assummed.. but we all know where that gets us Smile thanks!