MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie expiration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to tweak the cookie expiration time somehow?

I would very much like for it to be a lot longer than it is today (Not really sure how long it is exactly, but feels like the cookies have expired between each pretty regulars visit to the forum)
I don't think this is possible easily but I just had a quick look at my cookies from this board and from my own MyBB board and the expiration date is somewhere along 1 year so I would suggest your problem is a browser configuration issue not a forum issue. Check your Browser settings concerning cookie deletion.
Some of them expires in a year, yes, but mybbuser and sid are set to expire at end of session, so i'll have to log in almost every time I connect to the board.
Just tick the remember me box next to/under the login form when you login. If it's not showing on your theme you may need to revert your header_welcomeblock_guest and member_login template to default.
I am using the default theme, and there are no "Remember Me" checkbox anywhere.

I am running a non-public board, so it may not be the standard login page that is shown when users are forced to log in?

You can take a look here, http://forum.gladblad.dk/, no Remember Me boxes anywhere.
They're here:
[attachment=25289]
[attachment=25290]
Second one is the full login page, see the URL. The login page you see when you visit the forum as a guest is the no permissions page and doesn't have one.
Ahh, ok .. Got it, thanks a lot Smile

Seems strange that you have two sign-in fields on the same page, with different behaviour, though.
Well the one in the header is always there if you're a guest, the main one you see is only there if there's a permissions error but yes, I'm not sure why the Remember Me option isn't there too, should be really, I'll log it as a bug.
Hello MattRogowski,

I am in the same situation as FlyveHest, i.e. private forum, default template.

I too, would really appreciate the fix for this little bug, as the natural behavior of my users is to login through the main sign-in fields - shown because the forum is private - (my users are not at all technical people, and it would be a big pain to have to explain to everyone to login via the header fields (that are not shown until you click the login link)), and it's getting hard making them come back often to the forum, as they have to type their password everytime.

my best regards,
Redj