MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Poll on Index and Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Is it possible to add an independent poll (not linked to a thread) on the portal and index.?
I know about the Portal on Index plugin but it needs a thread to work .... I want to manually create the poll...add question and option and user being able to vote and see the results without the being need it a thread.

This isn't possible with just the stock MyBB, you'll probably have to end up making a custom plugin or integrating your forums with another software.
AHh.....That's not cool , hopefully someone from the myBB staff will read this and maybe add this option by default in their next releases........ We need a powerful Portal.. Wink ........
ANyway is there anyway that I could add to the poll's from Poll on Index plugin a link to the thread next to 'Show vote' ,something like Comment...that could lead to the thread?
Any help?
I would like to add a back link to the thread........... any idea how can I do that????

[Image: 4hCyc.png]
Until someone shows us how to put it where you suggest.....You can just edit the index/ portal template, add:

<a href="Your thread URL">View Thread For This Poll</a>

Add this code above: {$pollbox}
Of course you will have to update this manually everytime you add a poll to index or portal.