MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, we currently have a theme called "Darkfusion" applied to our forum.

We've modified the theme so much that if we lost it we wouldn't be able to remake the site layout...

After each major update we usually need to make some modifications again, which we were okay with until last time when it took us almost 2 weeks to get things back to normal...

Anyway, what I was to do it take our current theme with its modifications make turn it into a theme file (Sort of like a backup,) so we can apply it after each update.

What goes into making a used theme into a theme file? Where should I get started?
ACP > Templates & Style > *Theme* > Export Theme
Is it seriously as simple as that? Like, no big file edits or anything? O.O
Nope. As simple as that. Smile
Well of course if I was moving files and such I'd need to keep the theme folders around. Wink Nice to know, I was planning on this being a rather large project. Nathan, any chance I can pm you about something? I know most of you guys don't like that Toungue
(2012-01-13, 03:52 AM)ToJ Wrote: [ -> ]Well of course if I was moving files and such I'd need to keep the theme folders around. Wink

That goes without saying. Toungue

(2012-01-13, 03:52 AM)ToJ Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to know, I was planning on this being a rather large project. Nathan, any chance I can pm you about something? I know most of you guys don't like that Toungue

If it's a support issue or request, please use the forums. It's more convenient that way. Smile
Well here's the problem I'm talking about.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-106298.html

I just want your opinion Smile