MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [BETA] Username Change Approval, Limit and History
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy New Year's everybody. Big Grin

For a New Year's gift, I give you a beta of a new plugin I've been working on. It's an idea I've been toying with for a long time, but I didn't think it was possible until I started playing around a few weeks ago. This plugin adds three functions related to username changing:
  • The first option allows you to approve username changes from users (settable as a group permission). When a user changes their username in the User CP, instead of immediately changing it, the new username is added to a queue in the Admin CP where Administrators can either approve the new name or reject it (the user would keep using their current name).
  • The second option allows you to limit the number of times a user can change their username. This is done through two group options, one is the limit on the number of username changes and the second is the time period for the username change limit (for instances, if you set the limit at 5 and the time period to 30, the user can only change their username 5 times in a 30 day period).
  • Finally, this plugin serves as a basic username history for all users. You can access the username history page from the user's profile (it appears under the online status part and will only show up if the user has at least one username change logged).
Here are some screenshots:

[attachment=25292]
The username history page. Shows the old name, the date it was changed on and IP Address of changer (shown only to Admins and Super Mods).

[attachment=25293]
The change page in the User CP. A notice is displayed if username change needs approval and a notice shows how many times they may change their username.

[attachment=25294]
The Username Approval section in the Admin CP.

[attachment=25295]
The usergroup permissions. There are three permissions added, one for the approval part, one is the limit on username changes and the third is the for the username change time period.

Please note this download is a BETA, so it may not be 100% stable and things may be changed if needed (though I'm confidante I've already caught all the bugs).
[attachment=25296]

I'm also open to any suggestions for improvements.
Very good.
Lovely.