MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Caching Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tonight, I seem to have encountered a peculiar issue that I have never seen before. It appears to be a caching issue - but not a simple one.

There is one thread that displays on my iPad, but not on my Mac. Yet the new posts/no new posts/locked forum icons have not changed on my iPad, when they show as the ones I changed to on my Mac.

I have CloudFlare enabled, purged its cache, cleared all browsing data of Chrome on my Mac, as well as Safari on my iPad.

It makes it sorta hard for me to change things in my forums when one device shows one thing, but the other is missing that thing, but shows something not seen on the other device.

BTW, I am running Chrome 17 Dev on my Mac OS X Lion iMac.
On my iPad, I am running iOS 5.0.1 and using the default Safari.

Does anyone have any help to give on this?
Make sure you're logged in on your forum from both devices.
I'll check, but I am pretty dang sure I was...
Edit: I was. However, that would not affect the forum status icons at all. My iPad is showing an image that doesn't exist, my Mac was missing a thread. Those are things that you don't need to be logged in to see...
Sad
Well something's wrong with those apple machines then.
(2012-01-14, 06:59 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Well something's wrong with those apple machines then.

Nice try Wink but no.
Well one thing I'd like to note is that a thread is not hidden unless it's unapproved and you're logged in on one device and not on the other. If you're logged in on both and if the thread is not showing (and it's a new thread!) then it's the application which is caching things and if you can't clear it then it's buggy.
Otherwise if the thread is not new then you must be going crazy or some kind of plugin is hiding it.
I might just end up hard resetting my iPad, and removing Chrome and it's files, and reinstalling again.

I have cut back a lot of plugins, I have NewPoints, Extra Forum permissions, VIP membership (not really in use ATM), games section, and that is about it.

Notice that your plugins have a bit of a starring role Wink
Extra Forum permissions? What is that doing?
I use the "Can Post Links" option to stop spammers from posting links.

Removing Chrome and reinstalling didn't work. I wonder if it is some bug in the dev channel of Chrome.
I moved back to Chrome stable 16. The problem still persists.
The same problem is also occurring with Firefox 9.0.1 on my Mac...