MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Password Conversion MOD and upgrade to 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm about to upgrade one forum to the latest 1.6.5 version, from 1.6.4, and had a few questions about this particular module.

The forum I want to upgrade was converted from a SMF system, I left the Login Password Conversion plugin active because I used MyBB Merge, now I'm in doubt if the plugin is needed and if upgrading to 1.6.5 will cause any problems or require any other action from me.

I found nothing about the way this plugin works nor if it can be deactivated or if there are problems with upgrading, I assume not but would like to know if there's anything I need to be concerned about regarding this plugin.

Thanks.
The login convert plugin is only used the first time the user logs into the forum after switching from another software. Once they've logged in after the switch, the password is converted to MyBB and the plugin is no longer needed for that user.

So if all, or the majority, of your users have logged in since then you no longer need to keep the login convert plugin active.
Ah, ok thanks.

By now I believe all the users have logged in at least once after the move so I will deactivate the plugin, one less to keep track of Smile

Regards,

Knitter
As far as I know, it should work with 1.6.5 anyway.