MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Color Swatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be cool in 2.0 to have a color swatch to switch the color of the theme. This would help the people who use MyBB just for a support forum of there product or something like that.

It's not as easy as it sounds. Not only would you need to change the CSS (easily done with a color swatch), you'd need to change the images as well (not easily done with a color swatch)
You could use CSS3 color gradients instead of images (legacy browsers would see a flat color instead of the gradient). Just an idea if you really want this feature (although pure css buttons and backgrounds would be nice).
I admit it would be cool if someone made a theme that was compatible with this. *hint hint*
(2012-01-15, 01:51 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]I admit it would be cool if someone made a theme that was compatible with this. *hint hint*

It would. Gridline by Dynaxel has 3 colors. Red, green, and blue.

I would pay BIG for one that had a whole swatch of colors.
(2012-01-14, 05:58 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]It's not as easy as it sounds. Not only would you need to change the CSS (easily done with a color swatch), you'd need to change the images as well (not easily done with a color swatch)

Remove the images. Use CSS and text. It'd save a lot of hassle with translators aswell.