MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 3d and portible viewier.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What the best 3D program for crafting your own objects and one that's files are compatible with a 3d viewer.

I've worked with K3D an Sketch up before. I need to work a fairly large project in this, and I need to be able to create my own objects.

Please don't say blender, I can't get past the UI every time I try it.
If you have an excess $3500, you could use AutoDesk Maya. Or, if you don't like it, you still have the 30-day free trial.Wink
(2012-01-14, 11:08 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]If you have an excess $3500, you could use AutoDesk Maya. Or, if you don't like it, you still have the 30-day free trial.Wink

I would use AutoDesk actually, but my Machine lags with it. (There are free trial cds with "trial" codes all over my school, I've tried it.)

So it's not an option :p.
Real solid 3D models or 3D renderings?

If the former, Solidworks (Javelin Tech would be the people to contact assuming you're in the Southern Ontario-ish area, I think they cover Ottawa too). I believe the standard edition is around $4k (pro/premium version include stress testing and simulation but I don't think you'd need that?).

Regardless, you're going to need a half decent computer if you want to do anything serious (namely a 3D GPU, such as an ATI FirePro v3800 [on the price:performance end of things anyways]; most CPUs work pretty well for basic 3D models).
Also, eDrawings for viewing models (free to view models, SW can create models).