MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Account Privilages Disabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey,
i'm a new user setting up forums for a friend.

so, about 10 minutes ago both of the admin accounts on my forums were reduced to junior user. i was logged into my admin account at the time working on the template designs, and my other admin was also logged in and she says she wasn't poking around the admin cp.

we both lost privs at the exact same time completely at random.

my first question is, can i fix this? can i restore admin privs to the account by editing php at the server or is this kind of information stored in the database?
second question is how is this possible? we were both logged into our accounts. the forum now has no admins so i cannot access the admin cp and back up the templates and css i'd customized

please help

my second admin was in admin cp at the time creating a new forum and learning the ropes. some how she removed admin privs on both accounts xD
the big issues is recovering the themes. I'm designing a custom layout and I was pretty deep in. any help is much appreciated
There is a thread somewhere here. I will find it for you.

Edit: see Paul's below post.
In phpmyadmin, run this query:

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup='4' WHERE uid='your uid'

Do that for you and the other user and you should be good to go.
Darn it Paul. You beat me. I thought that was the query, but I wasn't 100% sure about the column name.
(2012-01-15, 03:21 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]In phpmyadmin, run this query:

thanks for the quick reply.
i used this tutorial http://community.mybb.com/thread-4720.html and ran the query on the forums database, and it returned this
Affected rows: 0 (Query took 0.0005 sec)

i'm sorry i'm very new. especially to php and mysql. uid is just the username? like my user name is Admin
admin privs haven't been restored. did i do something wrong?
(2012-01-15, 05:16 AM)aaron.a Wrote: [ -> ]

i used this tutorial http://community.mybb.com/thread-4720.html and ran the query on the forums database, and it returned this

i'm sorry i'm very new. especially to php and mysql. uid is just the username? like my user name is Admin

If it is the main admin ( the one set up at install), then the UID is 1
(2012-01-15, 05:29 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-15, 05:16 AM)aaron.a Wrote: [ -> ]

If it is the main admin ( the one set up at install), then the UID is 1

thank you sir. you guys are life savers. so what did she do? is there like a single button that revokes all admin privs in the admin cp lol
You just have to edit the user, and move them out of the Administrators group.
hey, so the admin privileges are once again randomly gone on both accounts.

neither of us have been on the site so either some random malicious hacker is having a good time, or more likely there is something wrong with the code.

can someone shed a little light on this phenomenon?
Check there are no Group Promotions set up that are moving you out of the admin group.

ACP >> Users & Groups >> Group Promotions