MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ReCaptcha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I was using a Recaptcha plugin to improve my registration against spambots.

Well, I'm more than 5 months using it and really helped, was working fine, but now when I try to register it's returning the error:

"Could not open socket"

I tried to install recaptcha I, II and III, and both are returning this error.

When I disable it the registration just work fine, but I'm sure that the spambots will be back soon.

Someone knows what could be hapenning ?

Thank you.
Are you on MyBB 1.6.5? recaptcha went into core in .5, and other antispam stuff was added.
If you are on 1.6.5, you do not need the plugins, you only need to enable it in the board settings, and key in your recaptcha keys.
I'm using the 1.6.3 yet.

I'm afraid to update it because of the other plugins that I'm using.
Search for plugin updates or us this, but be aware, like paveman says in the topic, Use this at your own risk...http://community.mybb.com/thread-108595.html and btw, i'm still wondering how you didn't even get hacked. Many xploits are available for 1.6.3 if i'm not wrong. Anyway, i'd STRONGLY recommend you to upgrade your forum to the last version...
I will do that then.

I will create a backpack of my database and a folder to all the current files in the forum nowadays, so if any error I can back to the old version, can I ?

I mean, I never updated my forum so I'm not sure what changes in the installation, I'm just afraid to lose all informations that I have =P