MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to Mybb, question about private forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently moved to Mybb and I'm having some problems wrapping my head around how it manages private forums.

What I need are multiple private forums, each with different memberships and controlled by a different moderator.

How my old forum handled this was simply to create a membership list of users for each private forum and grant power to a moderator for that one forum only.

Mybb does not appear to handle it this way. I cannot give individual access to a user that I can see. I've tried making separate user groups and for each private forum granting that group access (eg: "User group blue" has access to "forum blue") but that is complicated and doesn't seem to work. I also need to restrict a moderator's powers to the single forum they manage and I'd prefer if that moderator controlled who had access to the group.

What's the best way to go about what I need?
(2012-01-15, 11:32 PM)Arkayne Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried making separate user groups and for each private forum granting that group access (eg: "User group blue" has access to "forum blue") but that is complicated and doesn't seem to work.

That should work, how is it causing you problems?

Quote:I also need to restrict a moderator's powers to the single forum they manage and I'd prefer if that moderator controlled who had access to the group.

That can be done, ACP >> Forums & Posts >> Forum Management >> forumname >> Moderators

Then add those Moderators as Group Leaders, ACP >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Options >> Group Leaders
Okay, thanks. I'll look further into it. I just wanted an indication that I was going about it the right way.

Got it sorted, thanks