MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users Post and Threads are missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm really hoping someone can help me. I've searched this forum and haven't been able to find anyone with this problem other than someone saying that they could see missing posts in threaded mode and not linear mode.

Last week, one of my users told me that some of her posts were gone. After I researched, I found out that not only were several of her posts gone but so was every thread she ever started. Gone. I thought it was an isolated incident...not so.

I just helped another user as she could not change her password, and when looking, I saw that ALL of her posts and threads were gone.

I've checked all the logs and no one has deleted them. I only have one other moderator that has the ability to do this and she rarely deletes anything let alone all threads and posts from one member.

I'm helping someone can help as I believe this problem is getting worse.

Thanks in advance.
is it possible someone has compromised your admin panel or ot hold of a mod account? it seems odd that the users have had everything deleted. do the users exist in the memberslist?
I checked all the logs and there is nothing to indicate that these posts and threads were deleted. Yes, the users are still there. One has all threads gone but not all posts and the other has had everything deleted.

Could this be a sign of a corrupted database or something else maybe? I'm also having another odd problem and will create a new thread for that.

thanks.