MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Implementing theme/template in mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Can any one help me in describing the step by step process of implementing theme in mybb?

Please also describe code + database architecture.

Thanks
you do not have to understand the database structure to understand theme / template implementation .
could you elaborate your requirement ... MyBB Wiki has most of the required details ..
I can't understand from where to start theme implementation. I have read mybb wiki and many articles but there is no step by step implementation provided.

If I don't have to understand the structure than how can I start implementing theme. How to make XML for importing theme, where to place html,ajax, jquery and all that?

Can you please help me?

(2012-01-16, 05:45 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]you do not have to understand the database structure to understand theme / template implementation .
could you elaborate your requirement ... MyBB Wiki has most of the required details ..

You mean to create a theme from scratch?
You'll have to use the Themes & Templates are, and basically copy the default's templates, then once your done customizing it you'll have to save the theme & template (and MyBB will automatically create the .XML file for you with everything set in place). All you'll need to do is to copy all the sources you used too (images/jscript).
How can I divide html file according to mybb template setting. Which standard should I follow?

Should I divide each section of html page in several sections? like Header Templates is divided into further sections

(2012-01-16, 06:26 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]You mean to create a theme from scratch?
You'll have to use the Themes & Templates are, and basically copy the default's templates, then once your done customizing it you'll have to save the theme & template (and MyBB will automatically create the .XML file for you with everything set in place). All you'll need to do is to copy all the sources you used too (images/jscript).

Thanks Ranjani these links are helplful. Thanks for your quick responses.
(2012-01-16, 06:54 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB CSS Guide consists the basics of CSS elements
see How To Create A MyBB Theme & video: How to make a MyBB theme

Thanks Ranjani
Very simple and helpfull Tut