MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: reCaptcha won't show up on registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi @ all,
i have a very annoying issue with MyBB 1.6.5 running.

After installing, on www.enetz.info, I chose the reCaptcha-option for registration and new threads. The problem is, though the new threads issue ist working fine, the recaptcha still does not show up on the registration page.

In the templates, I found this:

{$requiredfields}
{$referrer}
{$regimage}

in "member_register"

I tried to manually copy the code given in templates -> "member_register_regimage_recaptcha" into "member_register" but MyBB does not seem to pass the variables "$server" and "$public_key" (as it does in the "new_thread"-template). After I manually added these information, the captcha was created successfully, but seems to not be mentiones in the "$requiredfield".

Do you have any idea, how to fix that issue?
I'm really annoyed by spambots and the default captcha (which works on the registration site) is not able to stop the bots from registering.

Best regards and many thanks in advance

Alex
Okay, finally I managed a workaround.

The member.php seems to have been uploaded in Binary Mode but hat to be ASCII-Mode.

If you get the error "cannot open empty property in captcha.php on line 316", open class_captcha.php go to line 316 an change the following lines like this:

before: $lang->$lang_string
after: $lang->lang_string