MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Before I Upgrade To 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What all should I do?

- Backup database
- Turn Board off
- Note security template edits
- Note other template edits
- Forum Icons
- Forum Logos

Should I disable or uninstall pluggins?

I would think just disabling them and the enabling them one by one once upgraded is the way to go?

Am I correct that template edits are not carried over to the upgraded version?

I heard I need to download the latest copy of the functions.php even after upgrading to 1.6.5, is that right or does the latest mybb version have this latest functions.php already?

Thanks!
Which version are you upgrading from?

I also have pluggins such as my side box and my advertisements, so I will probably have to save all my advertisements and coding and whatnot in the side boxes, etc...correct?

I think I will deactivate all my pluggins, then upgrade, then check the pluggin release thread to see if there were any changes to 1.6.5, if not then I won't use them I guess.

Can anyone think of anything I else I need to do, before, during, and/or after the upgrade process?

Thanks!

backup database from webhost panel / myBB admin panel ; just as a precaution take backup of entire myBB files

turn OFF board ; deactivate all plugins ; upload myBB 1.6.5 files by overwriting earlier files ; run upgrade script ..

you can check for updates of plugins from your plugins page (works for plugins downloaded from MOD section here)
(2012-01-16, 05:32 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]backup database from webhost panel / myBB admin panel ; just as a precaution take backup of entire myBB files

turn OFF board ; deactivate all plugins ; upload myBB 1.6.5 files by overwriting earlier files ; run upgrade script ..

you can check for updates of plugins from your plugins page (works for plugins downloaded from MOD section here)

Thankyou...also though,

How about any custom graphics such as logos/forumicons/smilies, etc...?
You don't really need to upload the images folder, I'm pretty sure nothing has been added since 1.6.0
I think I will just upload all the files and just reupload my pictures/graphics if I want to latter...if anything it will make me even more familiar with the way mybb works. Smile

------------------------------------------------

So am I not suppose to upload the /inc/settings.php file?

Can anyone confirm that I do not have to upload the /images folder?
You don't need to upload the images folder, even if something has been added, which I'm pretty sure it hasn't, it's not going to cause any major problems.