MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Sessions table question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my old host I had it set to memory where it would reach about 300mb in the table but I moved to a VPS yesterday and reaching 18mb made the table crash. I told my host and they said change it to myISAM, I am wondering if it makes much difference?
what is the current ENGINE for the table? is it HEAP/MEMORY or some other file based engine?
Use innodb actually. And that's massive for the sessions. Mine stays around 300-400mb but I'm the largest MyBB site online by far. Do you have the task enabled to prune it daily?
(2012-01-16, 07:27 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Use innodb actually. And that's massive for the sessions. Mine stays around 300-400mb but I'm the largest MyBB site online by far. Do you have the task enabled to prune it daily?

Yeah, I noticed the task was not running.. oops.. Since I got the task running it seems to be fine now. I have it running every 4 hours. I will also change it to InnoDB. Thanks for the advice.
Once a day is fine. That's default and how I run it. If you never pruned it then that's a real problem. And since using innodb for sessions I've never had the table crash.