MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cyrillic support (see attached picture)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

what shoud i change so my board work with cyrillic correctly.
WHat i mean?
Please see the attached picture?

The red circles...the title is in cyrillic and it is not displayed correctly after 8th or 9th symbol..

What is wrong?
what is cyrillic *feels like a noob*
Try this: Open the file index.php and search for:
$lastpostsubject = htmlspecialchars_uni(dobadwords($lastpostsubject));
Replace with:
$lastpostsubject = dobadwords($lastpostsubject);
i will try this in a minute
I have done it and i think it worked..

but how do i fix the length of the subject line..the tile of the forums is automatically shortened..?
i checked the link and changed the index.php but it doesn`t do what i want..

First when i changed it ...the last subject again started not to display correctly Cyrillic ( please check http://nutritiontarget.com/forum/ )

And my question still persist - how to longer the length of the child forum title

AND thanks for your help
The length of the names of the forums is limited in the database. You can get rid of this limitation by running the following query (change the prefix if necessary):
ALTER TABLE mybb_forums CHANGE name name TEXT NOT NULL ;
What exactly did you change in the file index.php? Try to set the limit to a high number in the code you can find in the thread I linked to.
Michael83 Wrote:The length of the names of the forums is limited in the database. You can get rid of this limitation by running the following query (change the prefix if necessary):
ALTER TABLE mybb_forums CHANGE name name TEXT NOT NULL ;
What exactly did you change in the file index.php? Try to set the limit to a high number in the code you can find in the thread I linked to.

Yes i have set higher the number from the thread you sent me..
Thank you..

I will run the query..

Also can you help with the cyrillic support in the email which my member receive from the MyBB Forum
I have attached a new image