MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb3 to MYBB 1054 Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As advised in my last thread i have put a duplicate of my phpbb3 board on my godaddy hosting account.
When i run the merge I cannot get past step 1
Users - I am receiving this error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'group_id' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as count FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id > 0 AND username != 'Anonymous' AND group_id != 6

I am pretty much a MYSQL PHP newbie so any and all help would be welcome
Well for some reason there is a group_id column in phpBB that the query does not know what to do with — by my understanding.

You'll have to wait for Dylan to give you a fix though, because he is a lot more familiar with the merge system than I am. (I am good with MyBB itself, but not the Merge System Smile)
Are you sure you transferred the entire database? Because that column should be there unless your phpBB3 is modified to work without it.
The column group_id is there. I am looking at it in phpmyadmin.

The problem I am facing is the old site is on a former members server who has moved. He is being fairly uncooperative and only emailed me a copy of the database. So i don't have access to go make another backup since he wont share his access and waiting to hear back from him takes weeks sometimes Sad

So if its showing group_id in phpmyadmin does that mean it was transferred? If i open this up in notepad++ will that give me a better idea. Sorry for being such a newbie.

If you see it in phpMyAdmin, in the users table, then it should be working just fine.

Post in the Private Inquiries forum with the following:
URL
ftp login
phpMyAdmin login
MyBB Admin CP login

I'll take a look tomorrow sometime (currently 1:54am for me), and delete your info when done. Don't worry, PI can only seen by you and staff here.

Thanks.