MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well recently, I was showing off my forum to a hacking forum I'm on, and he said that I may want to change my ACP link so it wasn't so vulnerable. So I changed the link in inc/config to:

$config['admin_dir'] = 'bossCP';

Then I changed the "admin" folder to "bossCP" with no quotes, it worked completely and now I can access the acp by typing in http://www.mywebsite.com/bossCP/index.php , but I can't access my site for some reason.

As soon as I changed it my forum said this:
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './admin/inc/functions_themes.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/SITENAME/public_html/inc/plugins/cfi.php on line 56

I am trying to access the regular forum page, the ACP still works fine with bossCP as the name.

Please help me this is frustrating Confused

Thanks!
The cfi.php plugin file has a hardcoded admin directory somewhere. disable the plugin and then edit it to the correct directory or modify it to use the config variable
1. Open the ./inc/plugins/cfi.php file in a text editor.

2. Find:

require_once './admin/inc/functions_themes.php';

3. Change to:

require_once MYBB_ADMIN_DIR."/inc/functions_themes.php";

4. Save the file and re-upload.
@Paveman, I'm an amateur at this, sorry, you're talking gibberish to me.

@Fabio, Now I'm getting:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'MYBB_ADMIN_DIR/inc/functions_themes.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/MYSITE/public_html/inc/plugins/cfi.php on line 56
Still need urgent help, thanks.
Fixed, the error was I was using "Custom Forum Icons" plugin and it caused it to do this error. I just deactivated it because I didn't use it.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
/Solved Wink
Really? That didn't work? I know you already fixed it since you didn't need the plugin, but I'll leave this alternative here for those who may find the thread in the future:

require_once "./{$mybb->config['admin_dir']}/inc/functions_themes.php";