MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I convert an Ikonboard 3.1.2a database to MyBB 1.6.5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Dylan, I had problems with the phpbb2 board. I had a crazy redirect problem. Googled and found some bugs reported but nothing solved my issue, and phpbb2 is no longer supported. So I moved to phpbb3. If one searches on phpbb under bugs for admin redirect a lot of them pop up, but I could not figure it out, so I moved on.
Yes, but it doesn't matter if the phpBB2 board worked or not. As long as the data was there Smile Which obviously it was if you could go to v3.
Well at the time, everything I read said: Ikonboard to phpbb2 to phpbb3 to myBB. Toungue So that is what I did ...

And since one may need control of the admin panel, and in phpbb, the only admin control panel I can reach is in phpbb3, it sort of made sense to upgrade it. Shy

For example, the Merge system states in its instructions to take both boards offline prior to beginning the Merge. That has to be done by the admin.

I cannot take a board offline if I can't admin it. Big Grin I know, it's a wacky problem. Smile
Well, since you aren't actively using it you could probably have skipped that step Big Grin
Missy i got most of my e107 board converted except Attachments and a couple of very minor things. you may need to settle for some things not converting.
lol just installed my ikonboard (god that was really painful)
Dylan, I couldn't skip the phpbb2 step, because Ikonboard only has a converter that goes from Ikonboard to phpbb2. I felt lucky to find it. And it has a lot of steps. Angel

hagz, yes, I've had to settle for fields not converting or missing. I've lost a number of fields along the way. But it would be nice if most of the board stayed intact. I will try to recreate what I can by hand, but it is 10 years' worth of data. Shy
I meant to skip the closing of the phpBB2 board silly Big Grin
lol i hope it all works Missy
Oh! lol Big Grin

Thanks, all. Smile
Pages: 1 2