MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment System Isn't Working Right...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
The issue appears to lie specifically with images over a certain resolution because I tested the same image at a reduced size and it worked fine. The image in question is 3320x2600 PNG image. Not sure about JPEGs at this time, but one being broken is bad enough. Another user uploaded a ~6MB zip file that worked fine for a while, but it has since been deleted without any intervention. Additionally, this persists on all forums with any user account type (tested with the major types: member, moderator, admin).

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
http://www.ponydom.org/

New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
New installation of 1.6.5.

Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue)
test/test1234

Screenshot or error text, verbatim
There is no error. Upon clicking the "Add Attachment" button, the user is taken to a blank white page. Then the post is lost entirely.

What is causing this behavior? Are there any limits we should be aware of? Can we disable the thumbnail maker? I've attempted to modify MIME types to prevent the thumbnail maker from firing, but that doesn't even work (I tested with text/plain and binary/octet-stream).

uh, help?
(2012-01-18, 10:09 AM)Goku Jr. Wrote: [ -> ]Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
The issue appears to lie specifically with images over a certain resolution because I tested the same image at a reduced size and it worked fine. The image in question is 3320x2600 PNG image. Not sure about JPEGs at this time, but one being broken is bad enough. Another user uploaded a ~6MB zip file that worked fine for a while, but it has since been deleted without any intervention. Additionally, this persists on all forums with any user account type (tested with the major types: member, moderator, admin).

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
http://www.ponydom.org/

New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
New installation of 1.6.5.

Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue)
test/test1234

Screenshot or error text, verbatim
There is no error. Upon clicking the "Add Attachment" button, the user is taken to a blank white page. Then the post is lost entirely.

What is causing this behavior? Are there any limits we should be aware of? Can we disable the thumbnail maker? I've attempted to modify MIME types to prevent the thumbnail maker from firing, but that doesn't even work (I tested with text/plain and binary/octet-stream).

uh, help?

Having the exact same problem. This is an old post with no comments added. Has anyone out there read this?