MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Error When Installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm using a free web host to set up my forum (byethost) and I've done it before, however this time when I'm doing it.

Could not connect to the database server at 'sql301.byethost16.com ' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
[/quote]

I know everything is right, and I've done it before. Can anyone else give me a hand and help me out here?

Thanks
They have to be wrong. MyBB would be able to connect to your database just fine if they were right.

Double-check them. If it's still not working, confirm them with your web host to make sure you are entering the right details.
i have double checked and i still get the error, if i could show you what i am entering and where i found it if you would like to check yourself.
Seems there's a space after the server name in the error message. Make sure you're not entering said spaces as they could be causing the problem if you're sure the rest of the details are correct.
(2012-01-18, 03:33 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Seems there's a space after the server name in the error message. Make sure you're not entering said spaces as they could be causing the problem if you're sure the rest of the details are correct.

Thank you! It was that last space, I didn't even notice, i would have never thought of that. Thanks a lot! Big Grin
No problem Smile Mark the thread as solved if that's the problem fixed.
Maybe myBB needs to trim the field on install.
(2012-01-18, 04:26 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe myBB needs to trim the field on install.

I kind of expected that they would do, but it seems not.