MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP Templates & Hooks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to see:

A) Templates in the ACP. Right now all HTML is hardcoded.

B) more available hooks in the ACP, like admin_pre_output_page or admin_global_start, for example.
I believe there is already a global ACP hook, after the important stuff is complete. There is already an output_footer hook in the Page class you can use.

We desperately need hooks in the Users view manager (I was trying something out this week and there's none whatsoever) as well as converting the classes that use $this in functions to self:: (especially if you're wanting to use the formcontainer end hook, very frustrating).

The ACP is difficult. To put it harshly, you've got no chance of using templates in 1.6 due to the sheer amount of work it would take to do it. 2.0 will probably be template-based due to the MVC nature, I guess.
Although Admin CP templates are very tempting (the awesome themes!), it's probably not a very good idea. Just imagine the newbies constantly breaking their Admin CP, thus not being able to access it.
(2012-01-18, 07:29 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Although Admin CP templates are very tempting (the awesome themes!), it's probably not a very good idea. Just imagine the newbies constantly breaking their Admin CP, thus not being able to access it.
That is a really good point. There would need to be an easy path to restore them if this happened.