MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature checkbox not checked? [Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I recently did a fresh installation of MyBB 1.6.5 (Awesome forum software btw!)

But I notice that when using Firefox, the Signature checkbox in QuickReply automatically unchecks itself even though I have it set to always include my signature. It behaves as it should in IE8, but for some reason not in Firefox. I've noticed I'm not the first to experience this in Firefox.

After a little debugging, I narrowed the issue to the Cookie.get function in General.js. As soon as I remove the get function from the Cookie variable, the problem is resolved. (Provided I add autocomplete="off" to the input element so Firefox doesn't cache the state of the checkbox.)

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean the get function is the problem, it could always be some cookie not being saved properly so the cookie is unreadable... Though why the signature checkbox would use a cookie is confusing to me.

Any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated. Cool I'm trying to figure it out but I'm more familiar with JQuery than I am Prototype. Toungue

Board URL: http://dragonarmygaming.gaming.multiplay....php?tid=1

Edit: Okay, after further debugging I confirmed it was the cookie, but only on my PC, tried it out on other computer and the problem wasn't there. So I cleared cookies on my PC and everything is fine now. Toungue