MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Changes & Board Offline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have two issues at this time. Firstly I would like to make everyone aware that I have been away from doing any forum administration for a while. By this I mean that I have missed all the support given when 1.6.5 was originally released and people starting having issues with their plugins.

I am a tad confused on what exactly I need to do to existing plugins (where the developers are unavailable) to allow it to work with 1.6.5 now that I've been updating. Do I need to simply use notepad++ to find "($var)" and replace it with "(&$var)" or is it more complex? I have searched and cannot find any questions like this unless I'm using the wrong terms.

My next issue is to do with the board offline message. From searching I understand that the board offline message is generated by the code/files (can't remember exact term) and the templates. I'm trying to find a way to remove the text "This bulletin board is currently closed. The Administrator has specified the reason as to why below." completely so that only the box with the message I specify in is remaining. Normally it is as easy as deleting something from a template, but not even the boardoffline template has anything similar in it.

How may I remove that message to leave my message only? I am aware it is possible to change the pre-set "This bulletin..." text although I wish to remove.

Thanks for any assistance in either plugin changes or the board offline.

Regards,

-Groovybluedog
... AND modify below phrase in ./inc/languages/english/global.lang.php
$l['error_boardclosed'] = "This bulletin board is currently closed. The Administrator has specified the reason as to why below.";

The script looks like a lot of effort to update individual plugins. I was hoping the find and replace method would allow me to change all of my scripts on my local computer before uploading them to each of my forums. Hopefully this will work with Xampp on my virtual machines and be able to do this simply by changing where the plugins are located in the script to a folder where all my plugins are. Anyway, that's for me to experiment with myself. Thanks for the link and I'll report back.

As for the board offline, did you read the whole post? I wish to remove that message rather than edit it. Leaving a space or something will still leave a visible space on the error. All I wish to be displayed is the custom message I set in the admincp. I cannot find a template tag thingy such as {boarderror} (as an example) to remove anywhere.
^ well, for board offline message modification you can simply put a space for the above language phrase ; like :
$l['error_boardclosed'] = " ";
OR
$l['error_boardclosed'] = "";

OR modify below code in global.php (around line 600)
$lang->error_boardclosed .= "<blockquote>{$mybb->settings['boardclosed_reason']}</blockquote>";

change to :
$lang->error_boardclosed = "<blockquote>{$mybb->settings['boardclosed_reason']}</blockquote>";

Thank you very much. The removal of the . left only my specificed message. That worked a treat. Solved.