MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error? What?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All of a sudden, I nor anyone else can log onto my forums. This message pops up:

Quote:MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error: 1 - Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_68c_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13) Query: SHOW COLUMNS FROM mybb_users LIKE 'unreadpms'
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=362078

/tmp folder is a host folder not a mybb folder.
But why would this change over time? My forums have been running great for 2 weeks, no issues. Why all of a sudden? Did someone hack it?
This is purely down to your host. You'll have to contact them as we have no idea about how the issue arose.
So how do I fix it? I can't even find the tmp folder in my htaccess/forums with Filezilla.

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it. Smile
Contact your host as I said. No other way round it (unless you're on a VPS - in which case, just say so)
Nope, not a private server, just using webserve. I'll contact them about how it happened, but how do I get my forums back online in the meantime?
you cannot till your host gets back to you and tells you what to do.
Ok, just contacted the help desk. Weird that it was running smoothly as of midnight last night..no problems at all.
Contacted the host, waited a bit, didn't hear from them. Issue is now fixed though and everyone can log it..weird. They must have fixed it. So how do I protect myself from this kind of problem in the future?

Thanks guys!
could have been anything from host reconfiguring server or hardware fail you my never know but glad that it is working now.
Pages: 1 2