MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using 16mb graphic card slows down your system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does using 16mb graphic card slows down the system ?

CPU specifications:

800mhz proposer
80gb hard drive
512 mb RAM
24bit colors
sadly such system may not be sufficient for regular work . if you are using windows OS on it then may be better to switch to Linux (may be Ubuntu) ..
however you may try with regular removal of unnecessary files, temporary files .. etc ( use ccleaner like utilities .. ) ; defrag harddisk , defrag RAM ..
It depends on what you're doing. If you're doing something graphically intensive the graphics card will probably "share" some ram. That's what will slow your pc down Smile
You're using a late 90s computer, time to upgrade Toungue
Run PuppyLinux or Damn Small Linux. Ubuntu would lag worse then windows XP would. (Ubuntu is not lightweight at all.)
No i just try to play youtube video at 360p and plays fine without graphic card, but with graphic card it slows down the system :confused:

(2012-01-20, 05:48 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]You're using a late 90s computer, time to upgrade Toungue

I love this one Wink
(2012-01-20, 05:48 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]You're using a late 90s computer, time to upgrade Toungue

This. My phone is faster than that.
(2012-01-22, 06:20 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]

And when that is the case, then it is kind of sad...

By the way, it is not a 800mhz -proposer-.... Processor Big Grin

My phone also :p

(2012-01-22, 07:13 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]

And when that is the case, then it is kind of sad...

By the way, it is not a 800mhz -proposer-.... Processor Big Grin

thanks for the spelling but what about the Issue ?
^ may be that graphics card is using more resources instead of making graphics rendering easy for the computer processor !!
OR it is not suited well for computer system - OR it might be faulty ... recently I've faced such issue AND returned graphics card for a loss ...
Pages: 1 2