MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moved hosts now getting MyBB Error (42)????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hoping if someone can help me out here please.

I've moved hosts and everything is the same with the same url and i've updated the config file( uploaded back to Inc) with the new database name and username, password .

But when i log in to the site all i get is ;-

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

I'm running Mybb 1.6.4?

Hoping someone could help me please?

Thank you.
the files you uploaded were they the self same files you had on the original host or did you upload a fresh package to your new host?
The same files it was back up i took ( unpacked the rar'd file)
hmmm weird is there any particular reason why you have not upgraded? and ido you have a URL
I haven't upgraded as i have plugins working fine and i feel i have no reason really.

I do have a url but i'd rather not post it in public i can pm you it if needed?

Well it's always better, security wise, to upgrade when possible!

Also, if all of your plugins are working for 1.6.4, then they will work for 1.6.5.
See your plugins compatibility code looks a little something like this:
"compatibility" => "16*"
and the * is used like a wild card! So therefor they will work perfectly fine with 1.6.5
Yeah thanks for that i have done the compatibility change on another plugin but i still don't see why after moving host i'm getting this error ?

I'm kind of guessing you moved it right as the new update came out.

Anyways, try running "yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php" and let me know how that goes!
Right I'm such a Muppet!

I was using the wrong database hence the mess up I've now used the correct one and guess what it works.

Thanks for everyone's time on this i can' t believe i used the wrong one lol .
Glad we could assist you today! If you ever need anything else, just create another thread and we will be happy to help! Remember the MyBB group is not obligated to provide support to users, however we choose to do so on a "support us and we'll support you" basis! Wink